Have you tried Detox Water? Everyone knows that drinking more water is good for you. Your body needs it– plain and simple. Add some fruit and or essential oils and you can also detox your body!
Reasons to Drink More Water
Energy! Did you know that drinking more can actually help your energy level? When we are dehydrated, our body feels fatigued and can also feel weak. Drinking enough water every day will help you maintain clear thinking and better concentration.
Healthy skin! Drinking water hydrates your skin. This seems especially important for me in the winter when I seem to have such dry skin. Water helps diminish the appearance of wrinkles (that’s a huge bonus!) and it flushes toxins out of your body.
Nutrients! Water allows nutrients and oxygen to travel to your cells and organs. It is vital in keeping our body healthy at it’s most basic level–the cellular level. Water also regulates our body temperature, removes waste, and helps protects our joints and organs.
Lemon Vitality Essential Oil for Dextox Water
Each year, I start my water resolution off with a bang and a need for an extra roll or two of toilet paper each week! I tend to slow down on my water and return to higher calorie substitutes by February 1st (I know–It’s a shameful pattern!) The one thing I have realized over the years, is that I just crave the taste.
This year, I have found a great secret weapon. My family has been using essential oils for almost everything under the sun. We have been experimenting with homemade cleaners, mood-lifting room sprays, and new recipes using ingestible essential oils. We’ve been replacing some of our more toxic products with some alternatives, using Young Living Essential Oils. It is a company that we trust, and you can read more about that by clicking here. I also suggest that you don’t ingest just any essential oil. You need to check out the safety before you put it in your water or on your skin!
I have been adding one to two drops of Lemon Vitality to my tumbler full of ice water, and I am loving it! Lemon Vitality (from Young Living) contains limonene. It has a fresh citrus flavor and makes a great addition to food–and especially to plain water! I have found that I also really like the lime, peppermint, and grapefruit vitality oils in my water too. I’m not a doctor, health practitioner, or oil guru. I am just a mom reading research and trying recipes to determine what works for my family!
Detox Water Health Benefits
Studies have shown that detox water can help aid in weight loss, help flush toxins out of the body, and can also help with general wellness and a healthy digestive system. Whether you are creating detox water with essential oils or cutting up fruit and vegetables to infuse your water, here are some great tips. The flavors can be mixed together or can be drunk on their own.
Detox Water Benefits
- Grapefruit: As an oil or cut up fruit. When added to your water it gives it a refreshing-tart taste. It is known to have fat-burning enzymes that can help aid weight loss. Contains Vitamins A & C.
- Peppermint: As an oil or add a few mint leaves. Mint water helps aid with digestion, bloating, and upset stomachs. Gives you fresh breath and can help you feel invigorated.
- Cucumber: Sliced up into the water. Cucumber water has diuretic properties that help to guarantee that most of the moisture in your body will be flushed from your system as quickly as possible.
- Lime and Lemon: As on oil, or sliced up. Lemon water helps relieve bloating and ease indigestion. Great way to enjoy the flavor of lemonade or limeade without all of the extra sugar.
- Ginger: Sliced up. Helps calm the stomach. Has anti-inflammatory properties, can help with fat-burning, and boosts the immune system.
- Orange. As an oil or sliced up. Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C to help boost the immune system. Helps eliminate toxins and flush the body.
Detox Water Recipes
Now don’t worry if you don’t have all the fruit on hand. A drop each of the essential oils will give you the same amazing benefits!