Anybody else looking forward to the Fall season? I know I am. It’s almost soup season again, and I thought I’d kick start it a bit by posting this tortilla soup recipe.
Since the Zero Point Cabbage Soup recipe was doing so well, I thought I would post another variation of the famous Zero Point Soup. Well,it’s more like 2 Smart Points per serving, but still who doesn’t love Tortilla Soup? Since this soup is so low in points you can top it with your favorite Tortilla soup toppings such as cheese, chicken or some tortilla chips for an easy and low point lunch. Just remember to count the points though.
This soup is only 51 calories per serving, can you believe that? Hello Fall soups here I come!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 3 -4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 4 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons flour, to thicken (I only use 1 because I don’t like thick soup)
- Simmer onions, garlic & green onions in a pan until tender. Put all ingredients in a pot, simmer until all veggies are tender.
- **** You can add chicken, divide the points by 9 servings. Taste great with a couple toasted taco shells on the side, but count your points.source